Sunday, November 16, 2008

Deer Season-2008


What a great weekend! Per our tradition, we spent the weekend at my parents, while Bryan, my dad and brother Tom attempted to slay a day so we could "have food on the table" for the winter. I always have to laugh at that statement because I'm pretty sure that the Indians, when living off the land didn't have deer sticks and summer sausage "on the table". Regardless, I really enjoy this annual tradition. While some hunt, the rest of us sit around and eat, drink and be lazy. Well, almost lazy. This year there were a few kids around. Tom's 3 month old, 16 month old and 6 year old PLUS Carter PLUS my sister's 2 week old and 7 year old. It was a blast watching the kids play and also EXHAUSTING! (Tom's other two kids (14 & 12) were hunting with their grandpa Fox in Hill City for the weekend.
Bryan got a 4 point buck at around 7am opening morning and my brother got a doe and a buck later that day. It was a great weekend, and I'm relieved Bryan was able to "put food on the table."













No comments: