Sunday, November 16, 2008

The big day arrives!

FINALLY, the big day arrived. Friday, November 14th, the concrete trucks arrived. Well, they almost arrived before they got stuck in our driveway. BOTH trucks!

It took over an hour to get the trucks out of the mud and close enough to the basement to use the GIANT conveyor belt to bring the concrete to the footings.

Carter and I went out and watched for a bit and he was very interested in the trucks.

Next on the "To Do list of building a house" is the insulated foam forms that we will use. Once those are put together, they will be filled with concrete (instead of using concrete blocks). They are like a giant puzzle. Bryan will be working very hard to put the puzzle together as quickly as he can because we are working against the weather.







































1 comment:

Ryan and Kristi said...

I LOVE IT!!! I can't belive they got stuck!! Is Brian hoping to have it all enclosed before winter begins or will he not get that far?

I put your phone number in my cell phone so I will give you guys a call when we get into Brainerd.

KEEP US POSTED ON THE HOUSE!!