Thursday, August 20, 2009

And the house project continues

Here are a few pics of the project. Since I took these, a HUGE transformation has taken place, and soon I will post those photos. For now, enjoy some not-so-exciting looking pics of the electrical and plumbing. I had to take a picture of the laundry shoot as well. I am so excited to heave my dirty clothes down a laundry shoot. Now, if the maid in the basement can keep up with the laundry!

Bryan and our friend Chris wired our entire house for internet, phone, TV and speakers. I LOVE music and requested speakers in our sun room. I cannot wait to enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine in that room while listening to some music. Some of the simplest pleasures in life excite me the most.




Also, you will see pics of our sun room floor, in progress. We wanted something a bit different for the floor, so we opted to stamp the concrete with big rubber stamps. We chose a slate pattern, and I must say, it turned out fantastic! After Bryan stamped it, he waited 24 hours and applied the color of our choice. I selected English Amber, which turned out to be a copper/rust variation. It looks AWESOME! I'll post a picture of the finished product soon, but if you want to see it in person, we'd love to have you visit. (Don't come before October, because we won't be moved in yet!)

Carter on the day the concrete for the garage came.







I call the cement truck "liquid progress"

Hard at work.

THE laundry shoot. Carter has already learned how to throw things down it. None of which were clothes!





Guest Bath





















No comments: