Monday, April 7, 2008

Campin' Carter!




What a fun weekend we had. Bryan played in a poker tourney on Saturday afternoon. Grandma Sue came down and spent some time with Carter, while I went and watched Bryan play. Poker takes an immense amount of concentration and patience...which is probably why I don't play very often.


I bought Carter a fun little tent/backpack combo a couple of weeks ago, and we assembled it on Saturday. I'm not sure who is enjoying it more...him or Bryan and I. Our entire family has been inside of it, including Scout. Mind you, it's for kids 5 years old...so, needless to say, Bryan had to fold his legs a few times to zip it shut. Either way, it's been so much fun...the best $12.48 clearance buy in a while.


It's funny we have been enjoying this "spring like" activity as my parents and many others further north of us received over 2 FEET of snow on Saturday and Sunday. Yes, 2 feet on April 6th! What a crazy twist to spring. Brainerd only got a small dusting, which we were thankful for. I have spring fever like crazy and I can't wait to plant my garden.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh Carter is definitely ready for a trip out to CO! He is all set with his tent and backpack. :-)

Miss you guys!!! :-(

Love, Jen

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Jen,
Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm so glad you've created a place where I can peek in on you from time to time.
I loved reading your blog and looking at the photos! Thank you for sending me the address today. Anthony REALLY liked the videos of Carter in the snow. We had to watch the one of him on his sled multiple times. He kept pointing and clapping at the fun action. Too cute!
I cannot wait to read more about the Miller family in the future.
:)

Jed, Katie and The Girls said...

Great pics Jen!! I can so see the vision of Bryan all folded up like a cricket inside of that little tent!! That is great though:) He is getting so big, it will be so great to finally meet the little guy this summer when we venture to MN...
Love you guys,

jed

Ryan and Kristi said...

Bryan, Jen, and Carter....How are you? It's been a long time....I was extremly excited to see that Jed added your blog link to his. I love the pictures of the family and Carter looks like a great camper. I still don't understand why Bryan didn't fit in the tent...I mean Bryan can only be like 4ft 2inches tall!! (J/K) Glad to see everyting is well and I hope we can stay in touch. Jed also wanted me to let you know that he is heading off to Walker on Thursday to buy some rare Beanie Babies...What a WEIRDO!! Something never change!!!